October – does anyone else feel like this beautiful month is constantly a blur? It was an incredibly busy month for my business (thankfully), one that demanded me to not only keep up an extremely hard pace but also make some firm decisions about the future. After spending the last few months wrestling with decisions I needed to make, my head and my heart finally seemed to be in the same place. It is incredibly refreshing to feel that way, and I am so thankful for this little, growing business of mine.
Stephen celebrated his half birthday and wasted no time entering his six-month growth spurt, which is now thankfully behind us. He started crawling near the end of the month and now spends every waking moment wanting to be on the move. My mom made him the most adorable “Curious Stephen” costume for Halloween, and you better believe I made him wear that as many times as was socially acceptable. Because a baby with monkey ears? Adorableness.
Here are a few other things we enjoyed this month:
- I read Who We Were Before (not a great choice for a new mama). I also read, and quite enjoyed, Millers Valley.
- We watched Luke Cage.
- I added the gorgeous Beautiful to my collection. I so enjoyed swooning over all the lovely interiors – even if they are entirely impractical for this stage of our life!
- After 13 months in our home, I finally found the perfect table for our dining room.
- When Stephen goes to bed in the evening, I usually plop down back in front of my computer to knock-out a good chunk of work. But I’ve started making a habit of taking one weekday evening “off” and enjoying a bath. These Barr Co bath salts are just the best.
- With a tiny explorer on the move we had to do a little redecorating in our family room, where we spend most of our time. We moved the beautiful, but hard-sided vintage trunk into our living room and ordered a new ottoman. We also needed to expand the rug surface, but I just couldn’t find an 8×10 rug that was the right price and good quality, but not too good that we would be constant worried about everyday things like spit up. I decided to layer this seagrass rug under the existing 5×7 Pottery Barn rug (found for a steal) and it’s worked pretty well so far. If nothing else, Stephen really loves exploring the different textures!
I hope you enjoyed a wonderful October and have an even better November! I’d love to read how your month went and what goals you accomplished, so be sure to leave your links below!